Friday, May 4, 2012

Stories Recently Published


Stories Recently Published

Most writers love to see their name in print and I am no exception.  I may have spent a good portion of my life writing for newspapers, magazines, etc. and had my name in print numerous times, but that thrill doesn’t get old.

My first newspaper article, the first feature, the first page one article were all highlights in my career, along with some award along the way. The first published poem and magazine articles  also caused my heart to beat faster.  I would rather see my name as the writer than be mentioned in a story.

Last month, I had the opportunity to enjoy this feeling again, twice. My short story, “Together,” was accepted for publication in Ginseng, the literary publication of the Garrett County Arts Council. That same month I had three items published in That One Left Shoe anthology, which has been selling well on Amazon.com. I share space in both publications with members of my writing groups. In Garrett County, the piece was critiqued by members of the Wednesday Writer’s Guild and in Carroll County, by members of the Eldersburg Critique Group.

Profits from the anthology, which was published by Blue Dragon Press, will benefit the Carroll County chapter of the Maryland Writers’ Association. Betsy Riley donated her time and expertise to edit and prepare That One Left Shoe for publication. Check it out online. The red shoe on the cover really catches the eyes. Also, I now have an author page there. Just click on my picture.

Publications such as these give writers an opportunity to showcase their work and to experiment in different genres. I am proud to have been included in each of these. Congratulations to my fellow writers whose works are included in these collections.                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining me and feel free to share your thoughts.